Feb 21, 2008

2/21 Sharks v. Flyers

Dear Flyers,

Pardon the girlie, PMS-y question here, but I missed my telenovelas for that?!!?

I have some truly snarky comments I could make. I'm not going to do it tonight. (Tomorrow may be a different story.)

As painful as that game was for the fans, it has to have been 100 times worse for all of you and I just don't feel like crapping on you when everyone else will do it. I mean, I even feel sorry for Tiny!Briere right now.


Dear Flyers in-house, in-game promoters,

You should be ashamed of yourselves! You should have stuck that ice girl in any other jersey tonight.

Or are you trying to make the fans believe that you had no idea Briere will be booed harder by us in the Wachovia Center than by the Habs fans in the Bell Centre?


Dear Gentle Readers,

I can't even begin to dissect that game. My frustration level tonight was higher than the Nov. 17th Devils-induced blow-out I witnessed from Row 1 behind the goal.

Oh and I did something I have never done before: I left the game before it was over! If the Flyers weren't going to win, I wasn't going to miss my train home for it. Selfish I know, however, I'm 99.99% certain that my staying wouldn't have positively influenced the game's outcome for us.


Dear Mike Knuble,

Thanks for setting up that play and going for the goal. Loved it! (Way to pitch in Rosie and Richie.)

P.S.: The new haircut looks great on you. Did you go to the same place as Sami, Kimmo and Danny?


Dear God,

Please, help!

Also, please send enough crappy weather to give me a snow day tomorrow. I won't complain about the 5:30 a.m. wake-up call if it means I can go straight back to bed and start my weekend earlier.

4 comments:

admin said...

Wow, you even feel sorry for Briere! Things are bad!

That own goal off his shoulder kinda sums up his whole season! I cringed!

admin said...

And thank god work ran late so I missed this disaster of a game!

Marie said...

Briere will be booed harder by us in the Wachovia Center

Wow...just Briere? Was it every time he touched the puck? That's brutal.

Nadine said...

Kristin: Yep, count yourself lucky!

KMS2: Actually, the whole team was booed at the end of each period.

Briere wasn't booed every single time he touched the puck, but it did get louder each time it happened. However, I don't think we're that far away from constant Briere booing if things don't change soon, based solely on the intermission commercial with the ice girl wearing a jersey bearing his number and name.