Feb 14, 2008

Cue Chicken Little

I could rant on the stellar lack of initiative in the last four losses. I'm not going to do it; Kristin and Ryan have done a wonderful job breaking down the suckitude.

My Valentine's Day wish is that the Flyers skid will end tonight. But like a true Philly sports fan, I'm not that optimistic.

Like the other fans - and the team, I'm sure - I would like to see a whole lot more marks in the "W" column and two points on the record. There's no reason why that scenario shouldn't be happening every night, no matter who we play.

In spite of the fact that the sky seems to be falling, there are two bright spots:

1.) Lups returned and moved straight back into his usual play-making ways.

2.) Apparently, Coby's behind is healing faster than Temple Docs predicted and we might see him on Saturday. (That just begs for a "pain in the @$$" pun, doesn't it?)

Some time starting around 9:30 p.m. tonight, we'll know if Val gives gifts like Santa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there is that whole lovely "St. Valentine's Day Massacre" thing in the history books......