Feb 13, 2008

Valentine for Everyone

¡Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad! One of the things I loved about Valentine's Day when I lived in South America is that it isn't limited to couples as much as it is here. It was a day to celebrate your friends as well.

So, friends, I appreciate you! Thank you for your friendship.

On another Valentine's note: Pink is very popular at this time of year. So, keeping in mind my well-documented aversion to that color, the current colors are a joke. The new look...it's like a 24 hour bug on my blog!

And, finally, the main show...

Dear Guys,

Mayor Michael Nutter has declared the week of February 11, 2008 as Hockey Week in the City of Philadelphia. Yeah!

How's that for an inspiration to win tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday? Heck, why not the rest of the season? (It's not completely unattainable if everyone steps it up.)


Here's a friendly fan Valentine for each of you:

Danny Briere: Thanks for contributing as much as you have to the team's rebuild.
Jeff Carter: Blondie, smile more! You've got one of the nicest ones on the team.
Riley Cote: Nobody wears a black-eye quite the way you do. Ditto when you have two of them.
Jim Dowd: I loved that your first Flyer goal was scored against the Devils. Oh, the irony.
Steve Downie: I'm glad to see some increased discipline. Keep it up.
Simon Gagne: Play-maker! Get well soon, but don't hurry it. You remember Lindros.
Scott Hartnell: Thanks for signing right away!
Sami Kapanen: Without a doubt, you have the most infectious goal celebration style, Mr. Speedy!
Mike Knuble: Best roster mug shot of the team and leading the team in power play goals? Woo-hoo!
Joffrey Lupul: I love that you're on a streak this season. Yee-haw.
Mike Richards: I knew you could have seasons like this one!
R.J. Umberger: Pittsburger who attended Ohio State and plays for the Flyers? Sweeet!
Scottie Upshall: Keep pushing through for all of those chances. Get well soon.

Braydon Coburn: You book-end Hatch! I love that. Get well soon.
Rory Fitzpatrick: Thank you for establishing the write-in ASG vote precedent.
Derian Hatcher: You're nothing but a Michigan teddy bear, right?
Randy Jones: I love curly-haired brunettes!
Lasse Kukkonen: Thank you for helping us get rid of Kyle Calder! Shake off the healthy scratches.
Jason Smith: Best scruffy-face; just ask Kristin!
Kimmo Timonen: Best voice on the team, when combined with that dry sense of humor.
Jim Vandermeer: You came here from Chicago, my second city.

Martin Biron: Laser eyes! So cool!
Antero Niittymäki: You've got one of the best side-splits I've seen in my life!

No comments: