May 1, 2008

What Happened?

So, the Montreal Canadiens finished first in the Eastern Conference. They had the #1 power play in the NHL during the regular season. They gelled when it was needed.

What happened? The Habs loyalists over at Four Habs Fans have been commenting away on this phenomenon.

However, I would like to direct your attention to the deeply insightful Schnookie over at Interchangeable Parts:

Yeah, I don’t know what happened to that Montreal juggernaut. I guess if you riot after Round 1, you’re just asking to be smote by the Hockey Gods.

Y'know, she could on to something there. (Sure, it wasn't the Habs fans that rioted but I bet the Hockey Gods don't care about those kinds of piddly little details. I mean, they put some NBA lawyer in charge of the Land of Puck 15 years ago, so...)

No comments: