Jul 9, 2009

And So It Ends

Last Single-Team Player Retires?

Joe Sakic (aka, the Vampire Lestat of the Avalanche) announced his retirement and I am actually sad about that. Best of luck to him in future endeavors.

It prompts a question for hockey fans: Do you believe we'll ever see another player spend his entire career with the same club again?

Current trends indicate a big, frickin' NO.

In Other Headlines

Four Habs Fans and many of their readers/commentators - including yours truly - mourn the loss of Saku Koivu to the Anaheim (Not So Mighty) Ducks. Good on you, HF10, for this.

Still working on sorting my feelings about the signings here,
Flyers.Femme
-

2 comments:

Justin said...

I figure as long as Mario is the owner in Pittsburgh, Sid's not going anywhere. Lidstrom and Datsyuk aren't going anywhere, either. I'd bet on Alfredsson, but I acknowledge that would be risky.

Aside from that, I think the best shot on your team belongs to Richards. If he leaves, something's gone terribly wrong, but I could see it happening if they really get stuck for cap space.

kmart said...

Yea, I agree with everything Justin just said.

Richards will never leave Philly, I'd say Carter has a decent shot at finishing his career here.

cindy is going to be a penguin forever.

I'd be willing to bet that Kane or Toews plays their entire career w/ Chicago.