Dec 8, 2009

As My Mom Would Say...

Dear Gentle Readers,

No, the blog is not dead. And in spite of recent events, neither is my fandom for the Flyers.

I'm just observing a little bit of home-training: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Okay, who am I kidding?

The team sucks right now. There was that brief time where we had a nice little winning streak, but it feels like a long freakin' time ago.

Since my opinion of what it would take to right our seriously off-course ship of club doesn't count, I'm going to leave the G.M.-ing to the guy who's paid to do it. 'Cause if he doesn't do it well, he can be fired, too.

And while I'm tempted to boycott posting about the Flyers until things get better, I won't. I pouted for a bit and I feel better.

Instead, I'm going to try some negative reinforcement to convince the hockey gods to go smite the Pens.

Browsing for Cleveland team jerseys,
Flyers.Femme

4 comments:

Justin said...

I'm not sure why Laviolette accepted the job, to be honest. He was quite outspoken when in Carolina about being anti-fighting, and he now takes over a team with Carcillo, Asham, Cote, at least two of whom probably wouldn't ever see ice time if it wasn't for their pugilistic tendencies.

I'd like to think that he'll be able to repair the team's reputation, but I'm not sure anyone can do that as long as you have a GM who once cracked the 300 PIM mark.

Justin said...

Argh, needed to sign in. This comment is just to get comments e-mailed to me.

Nadine said...

@Justin: Okay, this is going to be SO obvious, but...

Who said anything about Philly ever reducing it's pugilistic tendencies? While I'm not the most fight-friendly fan out there, I accept my team for what it is. Physical. Some would say goonish.

Hey, at least they're straight about it. And I believe in owning one's faults.

As a fan, I'm just glad we have a coach who knows how to show is unhappy face. ;D

kmart said...

Honestly, I will be very upset if the Flyers ever get away from the rough and tumble style. Sure it may be brutish... but I've always operated with the belief "if you can't beat them on the scoreboard, beat them physically". And I don't mean just fighting... I mean hitting them every time they move and make them think twice about it when they go to play the puck... hopefully Laviolette will find a balance for the Flyers...

Also I am all for Cote never playing another minute for this team. Asham has quite a bit of skill imo, and Carcillo has a lot of energy that is good for the team...