Mar 9, 2008

Barometer: Packing for all occasions

Give Me a Break

I had to take a few days off from blogging about the Flyers in order to send all my positive thoughts their way for the games this week following the absolute disaster with the BuffaSlugs. And it worked. Check off two more in the "W" column.

Another Home-and-Home

Dear Guys,

You'll be facing off against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Remember, that's four points you need to pick up right there.

And I'd appreciate two wins just so that I can lord it over a co-worker who likes the Leafs. In particular, I request that Sami Kapanen go on a scoring rampage so that I can taunt Justin that much more.

Thanks kindly in advance for the assistance.

Nadine

How's It Feel?

Earlier this season, I posted two season barometers that included my take on how the team was faring. One was written just two games into the regular season when the Flyers were proclaimed one of the most improved teams since last season. The other was written in early December while the guys were stuck on the win-one-lose-one roller coaster.

Some of the issues I singled out are still visible. Mental vacations. Occasional bouts of bad house-keeping in the form of poor passing. The media continuing to ask questions about last season of the new guys when we hit a slump. (Dudes, they weren't here last season, okay? Jeez!)

Here's the deal, one that really isn't surprising to anyone: The Eastern Conference playoffs race is going to be a nail-bitter to the end. I'm sure it's statistically possible for this to be tighter, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

Guys, take inspiration from one of my business trip preparation tips - pack for all occasions because only a very naive person packs for only what the meteorologists predict. If you're at least prepared mentally for any eventuality, that can be half the battle right there.

(Mr. Prospal, if your family could share the on-the-ground Tampa weather report, please have them email me at the address in my profile. I have an upcoming trip there.)

No comments: